Medical Supply Company Ltd. is continuing to monitor the developments surrounding the outbreak of Coronavirus both in Ireland and in the affected regions relevant to our supply chain.
At present, our supply chain from Europe and the U.S. remains largely unaffected. This could be subject to change, but we will continue to keep you updated.
We are following the advice of the Department of Health, the Department of Foreign Affairs and the Health Service Executive as well as the various global agencies such as the WHO and will act accordingly to protect our colleagues and customers.
As suppliers of UTM™ viral transport in Ireland we would like to update our Copan users on the following:
In the light of the Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers of Italy, dated 8th March 2020, containing urgent measures regarding the containment of the epidemiological emergency of COVID-19, Copan takes this opportunity to clarify the following:
- The lockdown ordered by the Italian authorities is an extreme measure intended to contain the propagation of the virus and is primarily aimed at individuals – it does not affect the businesses or the import/export of goods.
- Copan is currently manufacturing its products on a 24/7 basis and has deployed a number of precautions to protect its workers and keep its production running.
- Copan is working with their suppliers, the regional and national authorities to preserve the current manufacturing conditions in order to serve the world with their products, even in case heavier restrictions are applied.
- We anticipate delays in the lead time of Copan’s products that are not strictly correlated with COVID-19.
- Since the goods manufactured by Copan are essential medical devices, truck shipments are expected to continue as usual.
- Copan has kindly asked their distributors and end-users to support Copan during these times, by adopting rational decisions about the type and quantity of products required for their necessities.
- Copan will not support any form of stockpiling and reserves the right to arrange a fair apportionment of the produce.
Please contact MSC for more information on our UTM® Viral Transport kits